My Blizzle

Just random thoughts from the daily life of a mother, homeschooler, wannabe writer and semi-crazy person... I figure some of these may spawn themselves into actual stories one day... Or, maybe, just give me an outlet for the constant rattling in my head.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Siskiyou County, California, United States

Mother, Wife, artist, procrastinator, semi-pessemist...

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Rock Collecting Your Way To Happiness




I am lucky enough to live in paradise.

I was feeling pretty low this morning, and laying around feeling pretty 'Blah'. My husband blurts out to the kids, "We're going to ____ Falls! Go get dressed!"

I was angry, feeling as if he could have at least asked me first. I believe I even said something to the tune of "Thanks for giving me the choice!"

He got the kids ready, and I grumpily laid in bed with barely enough energy to even WANT to get dressed. When I heard him come in with the dog, i jumped out of bed and started getting ready. He was jolly, and asked, "Still not ready?". He smiled at me. Oh, sigh.

So, I get ready, grab some drinks, and we take off. I am thinking about the snakes, and maybe mountain lions. (He has taken them before. I had never been.) So, we traverse over rocks and slippery mud. I fell in an odd sort of splits-- the kind where one leg goes out in front, and the other falls behind. I shake it off and try not to get too mad. I had brought a bag to collect leaves in, and was busily grabbing beautiful leaves from plants. I wanted to do paper rubbings of them for art. I thought that would look pretty for our bulliten board.

So, we get down there, and it is so cool and beautiful. We spent the better part of the afternoon picking out beautiful rocks. I found some that were orange with specks of gold in them. (I'm sure it's fools gold, but it is so pretty!)

Hannah's birthday is in a week, so I am planning on getting her a rock tumbler... Maybe we can make some pretty jewelry from them. I am planning on making some tabletop mosaics with the thin ones. (Which was my primary goal in getting the rocks in the 1st place.)

So, I had a great day. I am glad he made me leave the house. Of course, when he suggested we leave, I am knee deep in the water, shoes and socks off. I said, "You get me out of the house, and when I am enjoying myself, you wanna make me go home!!!" ahah... Life :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home